Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Bible Journaling 1

I've been wanting to try bible journaling for a good while now.  I kept having this nagging feeling that I shouldn't write or paint in a bible.  When I think of that now, I can't imagine where the feeling came from, because I've always underlined and highlighted in my bible.  When I realized that, I knew that I was being silly and decided to do it.

I started collecting supplies a little at a time.  I have amassed quite the collection of supplies and tools over the last 15 years of scrapbooking, so there really wasn't much that I needed.

I made two purchases.
1. the journaling bible from amazon (sort of important for bible journaling, you think?)
2. the Genesis kit from Illustrated Faith through Bella Blvd. (LOVE this.  SO much)

I got all of this around the time we were buying our house last month and my world was a pile of boxes and all that loose miscellaneous stuff that you accumulate over time and have no idea what to do with.

Truth be told, I thought about it some, but it was waaaay back there somewhere.

We moved, and we unpacked as best we could for a week.  Then my husband went in for heart surgery.  He's recovering now, and coming along nicely.  During his recovery (which is almost over.  Bionic Husband!) I'd done enough unpacking, organizing and general prettifying that I felt comfortable with the almost finished state of our home.

I was trying to wait to start on the bible for a time when it would be quiet so that I could talk about what I was doing.  HAHAHAHAHA!!!  quiet.....right.......  With a 4 and 5 year old running around yelling about anything and everything.  hahahaha whew!  I crack me up.

Since that wasn't going to be happening any time soon, I figured I'd just get started, edit the video and then just narrate at night when the kids are asleep.  Perfect.

So here it is.  My very first bible journaling page.  I'm super thrilled about it and can't wait to work on the next one.  It was so much fun!

disclaimer: I've never done this video editing stuff on the ipad before so I hope it's not too terrible.

Let me know what you think?




2 Corinthians 12:8-10 - 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thanks for watching!

xoxo,
Liz

Some of the supplies used
"sufficient" stamps - Elle's Studio Cameron Alpha (discontinued)
decorative stamps above and below "power" Shine stamp from Studio Calico
"perfect" stamp - Studio Calico Ben & Alex Alpha
Peerless watercolors
Genesis Kit - Illustrated Faith - Bella Blvd

No comments:

Post a Comment