Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Bible Journaling - 09/15

Hello everyone!
I'm back with my second bible journaling page. I'm really loving this new craft. I love being able to create art around The Word.

This page is created around the verse Romans 13:11-12

11. Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep.  For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.
12. The night is far gone; the day is at hand.  So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.

This verse may have been intended for a different purpose, but it really hit me in a powerful way.  Seeing the condition of the world, and how quickly it is turning for the worse, has weighed heavy on me for years.  It breaks my heart to see and hear about some of the things people are doing to each other.  Evil has always existed, that is true.  But it seems to me that gasoline has been poured over it and it has ignited and has turned into an all consuming darkness in the hearts of man.

I'm a mom.  I fear for my children growing up in this world.  I pray over them constantly.  I pray that the Lord keep them safe, and hold them close to Him.  I pray that their minds are shielded from the soul corrupting force so prevalent in our daily lives.  I pray for their health, their hearts and their minds.  I pray, I pray, I pray.

Even with all of this chaos in the world, I know that He is with us.  God is with me, and He is with my husband and He is with my children.  We are blessed in a million ways, and we are grateful for all of it.  Thank you Lord.




Not shown in the video below, I put two thin coats of Matte Gel Medium on the pages and dried to help protect from bleed through.  As you can see towards the end of the video, I show the back of the page and there is no bleeding.  A little ghosting, but no bleeding.

Here's my process video.  Hope you enjoy it!



Thanks for watching!  Let me know what you think!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment